zoom to in url

10-17-2014 04:50 AM
glennhazelton
Occasional Contributor III

one aspect of the flexviewer url that I use is the ability to put a featureID in the parameter string of the url and have the map center on that location when it loads. is there a similar function in the javascript api and/or the webappbuilder? (fyi- this functionality is thanks to Robert S. and his work to extent the flexviewer)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Glenn,

I plan to have this added into the next version of eSearch for WAB. Currently WAB does not even support centering the map based on a URL parameter.

glennhazelton

you are the best!

how come esri has not integrated more of your great tools into the basic product?

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky

I just noticed the recent release of AGOL WAB (March 2015) allows for map navigation through the URL

Use URL parameters—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

BrianO_keefe

The URL's they use in the examples imply that you need to have a webappviewer folder? Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brian,

Just pay attention to the actual url paramter in the example. It is not implying that you have to have a local folder url

?center=34,-50

?extent=-13079253.954115,3959110.38566837,-12918205.318785,4086639.70193162,102113

BrianO_keefe

My thoughts were to try this with the ParksFinder app since I'm assuming it's based on the same foundation as a WAB map. There is NO index.html to add that snippet to... and when I just drop the "?urlmodifiers" they give me quirky responses. I haven't tested with a WAB map yet, but I did get sketchy responses from our ParksFinder app we've set up.

0 Kudos