IE fails to use proxy on first load - site stops

10-14-2014 07:26 AM
AdrianMarsden
Occasional Contributor III

This was "branched" from Odd timing issue on IE10 (maybe others)  but now I have more data.

If I go into a site via a shortcut, link from another site or direct from the IE address bar, the site fails.  looking at the Fiddler results, nothing seems to go via the proxy,  (REmoving the proxy requirement works, but not a solution as it is requiired for user control)

REFRESHING after the first load, in other words using the browser refresh button works.

As does clearing the cache before going in from external link

WTF is going on?

ACM

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Adrian,

Its hard to know what is happening without being able to see or reproduce the issue. Does this issue only happen with your app? Can you reproduce it by navigating to any of the samples via  another site?

0 Kudos
AdrianMarsden

I don't think so, as the issue seems tied up with the proxy and the proxy settings.  I'll see if I can make a cut down version available

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Do you have logging enabled for the proxy you are using? If not it might be worth doing so to see if there are any helpful messages written to the log.  Details on enabling logging are available in the read-me's for each proxy:

Esri/resource-proxy · GitHub

0 Kudos
AdrianMarsden

OK - I updated to the latest version of the proxy page (1.1 beta - previous version didn't have numbers on) and so far it is looking better.  ( a quick Notepad++ compare shows lots of extra stuff in the newer version)

For info, in the logs there seemed to be

w3wp.exe Information: 0 : 2014-10-15 09:22:21 Sending request!

When it failed, but nothing else.

I'll keep watching

0 Kudos