Measure Widget Issue - ArcGIS Javascript API 3.11

Jump to solution
10-07-2014 09:50 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having an issue with the Measure Widget in my application after updating to 3.11. The widget does not appear after the application loads. I have checked my code and do not see an issue, also when reverting back to 3.10 it works correctly.

Has anyone else had this issue after updating to 3.11?

measurement = new Measurement({ 
    map: map 
}, dom.byId("measure_results")); 
measurement.startup();
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeremy,

Clear your browsers cache, restart your browser, Double check you require and function var sequence.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

UPDATE

The widget is actually working, but the "esriMeasurementButtonPane" is not being parsed.  See screenshot below:

measure_error.PNG

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeremy,

Using your browsers Developer tools, do you see any file in your network traffic that are not getting returned (i.e. 400 errors)?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

No everything is returned fine.  In the other thread there was this post:

"I ran into some general css issues when moving up to 3.11 and they were all related to differences in the 'claro' theme in dojo 1.10.0"

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeremy,

It must be something in your apps css that you have modified that is preventing the proper css being applied to the esriMeasurementButtonPane. Can you try commenting out anything in your css that has to do with your host container that you have the measurement widget inside of?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think I may have found the issue, I am getting the following error.

"Tried to register widget with id==dijit_layout_ContentPane_0 but that id is already registered"

This is widget ID of the Buttons for the Measure widget.  Any idea on how to fix this?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeremy,

Clear your browsers cache, restart your browser, Double check you require and function var sequence.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had parseOnLoad:true, which I changed to false.  I manually parsed my initial require which seems to have solved the issue.

0 Kudos
JonathanUihlein
Esri Regular Contributor

This is correct. When using templates or templated widgets, you will oftentimes need to call the parser manually.

0 Kudos
JoshHevenor1
New Contributor III

My measure dijit was arguing with my SignIn window. If I built my measure dijit after signing was complete I was fine. That may just be a hacky workaround that did more or less what Jeremy did above.

0 Kudos