Edit Tool in Web AppBuilder

09-29-2014 06:56 AM
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

It appears that the Edit Tool in a Web AppBuilder map does not work with a feature service from ArcGIS for Server.  A "hosted" feature service from within AGOL works just fine.  Will the final release of WAB allow ArcGIS for Server Feature Service editing?

P.S.  I love the Cut/Split and Union capability in the Edit tools!  Bravo!

16 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

When you click on the edit button (or Edit Layers tab, depending on what theme you're using), is your list of editable features in reverse order compared to the legend or layers list tab? I don't see anywhere to change the order of the editable features.

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery

Ben:

I see the same behavior - Edit layers are in reverse order of the Table of Contents Layer List.

LayerEditList.PNG

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery

MY MISTAKE!

I added features services from ArcGIS for Server (AGS) into my map that feeds the Web AppBuilder (WAB) app.  I then forgot to go back into the WAB Edit Widget and "Configure" the new feature services to be EditableSo, to be clear, Feature Services from AGS can be edited via a WAB map app.

EditFS.JPG

0 Kudos
VenusScott

Unless they are "secured" feature services. I've just reported a "bug" regarding "secured" feature services on AGS and the AGOL WAB tool. Support confirmed my findings.

Error.png

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery

Venus:

I'm not sure of your workflow, but I am using "secured" features services from our ArcGIS for Server in my Web AppBuilder map.

My workflow is as follows:

1. Add a secure feature service to "My Content" in AGOL.  Make sure to "Store" the UN/PW with the service.
  2. Create and Save a new map in AGOL that includes your secure feature service.
  3. Share the map and feature service with a Group
  4. In the new map, use the "Share" then "Make a Web Application" options to build your Web AppBuilder map.
  5. Configure your Web AppBuilder map making sure to enable editing as I discuss in an earlier posting in this thread.
  6. Save and use the web map app.
VenusScott

I should have clarified this more. I am using a secured feature services hosted on our AGS and not on AGOL.

What's really strange about this is I can use the same secured feature service and any other AGOL "template" application just fine, just not the WAB.

0 Kudos
BrendanWalashek
New Contributor III

I am having the same issue.  In the WAB configuration window for the Edit Widget, the editable Feature Service I have running under my AGS just does NOT show up as an option to choose in the Edit Widget Config.

I followed the "Joe Flannery" workflow above, but still no dice.  Any ideas to try?

0 Kudos
VenusScott

Yes there is a work around! ESRI logged the bug as [BUG-000082858: When using a secure service with Web AppBuilder, receive the message “Unable to access the authentication service” whenever credentials are provided during the configuration phase].

The work around is "When using either Chrome or Firefox, if you navigate to the REST endpoint of your secure service and sign in with your credentials, the service will display if you return to configure Web AppBuilder. Therefore, If you are still planning on working with Web AppBuilder, I suggest testing this workaround. "

Hope this helps until they resolve the issue.

ECSGIS
by
New Contributor II

Joe

You reference storing the UN/PW with the service.  How do you do that?  We use secured services and it seems a pain to have to login to AGOL AND AGS.

0 Kudos