Doing some research here and I have a file that has 74k points. Even on a blank map I am unable to plot all 74k of them, but if I cut them down to less than 10k it will populate just fine. I'm not sure why this is happening as I have been able to plot more than 10k before.
Steps I am taking:
1. Add Data
2. Choose XLXS (excel) file containing 74k lat long entry points
3. choose sheet 1, where all the data is located.
4. ToC loads sheet and I right click and Display XY data
5. Field X= Longitude Y=Latitude
6. map will populate if under 10k but with 74k nothing populates, but sometimes will get some locations off the west coast of Africa.
Any assistance is helpful. I wanted to also try to do a Spatial Density Plot on those points once they are plotted