geocoding problem in ArcGIS 10.2

09-23-2014 07:24 PM
PhilippeAmstislavski
New Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I have been struggling with a project that requires geocoding. I use ArcGIS 10.2

I have an Street_address_US locator included in the Data and Maps DVD that shipped with ArcGIS 10.1

I wish to load this locator into ArcMap 10.2 in order to geocode addresses.

When I go to the geocoding toolbar, drop down the left-most menu, select "Manage Address Locators," select "Add," and then find my address locater and add it, I get the following message:

The address locator is damaged. Would you like to repair it?

When I select "Yes," I get the following error message:

Error opening dialog: this address locator does not support the necessary interfaces needed by this dialog.

I am then unable to add the locator this way.

I also tried to go to ArcToolbox, Geocoding Tools, Geocode Addresses, input my data, and then when I input the locator I still get an error message.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Philippe

Philippe Amstislavski, PhD, MEM, RN

Associate Professor of Public Health

Department of Health Sciences

University of Alaska Anchorage

DPL 405, 3211 Providence Drive

Anchorage, AK 99508-4614

Phone: 907.786.6574

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

There have been a number of changes to geocoding at 10.1 and 10.2.  My suggestion is to create a new locator in 10.2.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
PhilippeAmstislavski
New Contributor

Thanks Joe,

This is very helpful. Do you suggest to create a new locator from scratch or to use the Street_address_US locator included in the Data and Maps DVD that comes with ArcGIS 10.2?

Philippe

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Your call.  I'm a roll yer own kinda guy so in 25 years of professional practice I've never used pre-packaged data.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos