AnsweredAssumed Answered

Is it possible to force the javascript api _not_ to use the proxy?

Question asked by delies on Sep 23, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 10, 2017 by joaoppvn

I'm accessing a private layer from a server that uses an expired certificate (I have no control over this server).  I haven't found a way to allow the proxy page to allow just this one expired certificate and not allow all expired certs.  I want to know if it is possible to force the javascript api to not use the proxy for this layer so that any security problems are handled by the browser.  Hopefully our users will have more influence over the data provider than we do .  We are requesting the legend and while the proxy is not usually used for the layer itself, it always uses the proxy for the legend when using an esriRequest.  I found the corsEnabledServers setting in esri.config.defaults.io and adding the domain to this list seems to keep it from proxying in Chrome, but not in IE9.  The only solution I can think of if we can't stop the api from proxying this request is to use a different ajax request other than esriRequest.  If I have to go that way, does anybody know if there are any concerns with accessing these services with native javascript or other popular library ajax requests: dojo.xhr, jquery.get, etc?

Outcomes