Append Line features to Complex Edge features

09-18-2014 10:59 AM
JoshSaad1
Occasional Contributor II

I was wondering if anyone can help me out.  I'm developing a plan to migrate my organization's Utilities data to the Local Government Information Model.  I've got everything working, except when I try to append our existing water main data to the LGIM data I get hundreds of errors.  I ran the Repair Geometry tool until it came back clean, but it's still getting errors.

I've noticed some weird things with the existing data, like some individual features will have multiple line segments that are separated by other line segments.

I tried to merge the existing data with the LGIM data and it gave me an error 00302: The input feature types do not match.  So I checked both feature types and found that the wMain features in LGIM stores complex edge features whereas our existing data are line features.

Either way, if I append or merge I still get some lines that come through, but most don't.  So I'm not sure exactly why this isn't working.  Any insight would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ToddHarmon
New Contributor

Did you ever get this figured out?  I am running into a similar situation.

0 Kudos
JoshSaad1
Occasional Contributor II

Not really.  The LGIM uses a geometric network for it's water and sewer pipes, and I couldn't just append my lines into the network.  I had several other issues with the geometric network so I just deleted it.  Once it was deleted though I was able to append my lines normally.  Down side is I can't use advanced tools like the Leak Isolation tool.   

ToddHarmon
New Contributor

Thanks Josh,

Deleting the geometric network worked.  I can always rebuild it after I clean up the drawing.

0 Kudos