Select to view content in your preferred language

Canadian Polling Place Locator App for ArcGIS Online Canadate Info Pods MISSING

09-18-2014 01:30 PM
SeanMcCue
Deactivated User

Has anybody successfully launched this app to their ArcGIS Online account?  I am currently testing the application with our own populated data, and I am having a difficult time with getting the Candidate information pods to appear in the web browser. (i.e. click on map, route service works, but no pop ups appear at the bottom of the application to show directions and candidate info)

I have examined the Config.js for any omitted services, or visibility settings with no avail.  All our data is pointed to the appropriate feature services hosted on ArcGIS Online.   Has anyone experienced similar behavior with their Polling Place app, and has a workaround or bug been discovered in the code that I am no aware of?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

-Sean

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CharmaleeSandanayake1
Occasional Contributor

I have got it working using data published to our server and/or ArcGIS Online. It may help if you post your config file.There is a known issue in that you can't get the candidate information on a mobile device such as an iPhone. The popups only appear on a tablet or desktop.

Esri Canada technical support does provide support for this and any ArcGIS for local government app so they will be able to help you too.

0 Kudos
SeanMcCue
Deactivated User

Thanks for your reply Charmalee!  I have been working with ESRI Tech Support to de-bug the problem, and together we discovered that the application is very touchy when it comes to having null values in some of the fields. The problem ended up being our DivisionID field was empty in our data.  The code was calling on the field, and would subsequently break down when no data was found.  The solution was to remove the field from the Config.JS, so it will continue to populate the rest of the data.  It was a quick fix, and new documentation will be produced from ESRI to account for this behavior.  The application is now successfully running, and we plan on deploying it to the public next week.  If anyone has any specific problems with their polling place locator app, I'm here to help!

-Sean

0 Kudos