How does python use the tools of arcmap toolbar?

Jump to solution
09-14-2014 07:38 PM
XiangNingJiao
New Contributor

Hi,everybody! I want to make a WebGIS system, and I want to achieve a DEM profile. I will use a tool named "create a line" of the 3D analysist tool bar in the ArcMap. And I want to make a module to achieve it, but I can't find the tool in the system toolbox, so I want to use python to make a new toolbox. But I don't know how to use the tool in python. Can you help me?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I will use the (Visibility (Spatial Analyst) as an example...if you look towards the bottom, you will see code samples and the required licenses.  In this case you need the 3D analyst extension...if you don't have it, you can't access the functionality. If you aren't sure what tools are available, they may be hidden due to license restriction.  Check Using ArcToolbox to rectify this and see what you can use.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I will use the (Visibility (Spatial Analyst) as an example...if you look towards the bottom, you will see code samples and the required licenses.  In this case you need the 3D analyst extension...if you don't have it, you can't access the functionality. If you aren't sure what tools are available, they may be hidden due to license restriction.  Check Using ArcToolbox to rectify this and see what you can use.

0 Kudos
XiangNingJiao
New Contributor

Thans a lot!

0 Kudos