I need a tool much like the Measurement tool, which
1) allows user to draw a polygon
2) depending on which feature layers are visible on the map
3) query the feature layers with custom sql to return a count (sum)
4) display this result
Seems like if can:
1) Modify the Measurement tool to add an additional unit of measure
2) Intercept the measure event to reroute it as a sql against a featurelayer or featurelayers
3) When the result of query returns, use the value(s) to set the display on the Measurement tool
Is this possible with the existing API?
If not is there a way to get access to the widget source code?