AnsweredAssumed Answered

"invalid index grid size" error when trying to digitize using feature set variable

Question asked by chocolatte on May 14, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 18, 2013 by chocolatte
Hi,
I'm having a hard time understanding why I'm getting the attached error when using a feature set variable. I created the attached model in ArcGIS 10.1, sp1.

I want the user to digitize a new polygon and have it appended to an existing feature class called "proj_1600loc_poly" which has a feature template for editing. In the model, the new polygon variable is a feature set data type with the schema imported from an existing dataset within the project ("proj_1600loc_poly") or from its source location. When I open the model as a tool from ArcToolbox, I see "Model:: New Project" in the input parameter field and underneath the field I see the correct symbology needed to digitize the polygon. I digitize a polygon, but get the attached error when it tries to save (or append?) the new polygon. I tried to change the Output Spatial Grid environment settings while in the tool's dialog and then within the model in model builder, but I get the same error.

I didn't have this issue with the model when it was used in ArcGIS 9.3.1. I recreated the 9.3.1 model for 10.1. I don't know what other settings to consider. I've looked at this common errors link http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//001t00000012000000.htm and the help section on interactive controls.

Thanks, Charlotte

Attachments

Outcomes