Popup - Column Width, Row Width, Popup Width

Jump to solution
07-18-2012 01:46 PM
JaromHlebasko
Occasional Contributor III
hello, I have a question regarding the pop-up window on a web map I created. Is it possible to change the pop-up window to a specified width? Every time I open one of my pop-ups, every one of them displays in a different width. Some of them display properly meaning some of the pop-ups display all of the attribute information cleanly without the Field aliases going on a new line like a wrap text feature. Is there any way to change the column width to reflect the overall character length of the Field alias name and the attribute value character length? Please see the examples that are attached.

Thank you for your time!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mikem

No it is not possible to control the width or height of the popup. These values are fixed. The data values are actually what's controling the width of the columns in the popup. We leave it to the browser to determine where to wrap words, thus it varies depending on the feature selected because, like in your example, the data values of the attributes vary. There is the ability on the popup window to maximize it (the square icon in the upper right corner). You might try using the custom option when defining your popup, but again, you can't control the width or where words wrap.

Now, if you write your own application, you can control the width of the popup.

Thanks,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mikem

No it is not possible to control the width or height of the popup. These values are fixed. The data values are actually what's controling the width of the columns in the popup. We leave it to the browser to determine where to wrap words, thus it varies depending on the feature selected because, like in your example, the data values of the attributes vary. There is the ability on the popup window to maximize it (the square icon in the upper right corner). You might try using the custom option when defining your popup, but again, you can't control the width or where words wrap.

Now, if you write your own application, you can control the width of the popup.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos