AnsweredAssumed Answered

ERROR 010045

Question asked by geonetadmin on Jun 27, 2012
Latest reply on Jun 28, 2012 by geonetadmin
Original User: rmcnutt

I'm trying to run a least cost path analysis between two points. I've got a shapefile for the origin,  and the one for the destination, a slope raster reclassified in to a 10 value scale, and added to weighted overlay.
My problem is I'm trying to force the path produced to only cross a river at a ford point. I've created a landuse polygon to attempt this, with most of the river hand digitized, and assigned a name and value, and the a polygon created for the most likely fording spots. I then converted this polygon into a raster and added it to the weighted overlay table mentioned above. My issue is whenever I run the model--no matter how I weight it--it kicks back the above error, saying the number of from cells is zero. When I remove the landuse raster and run the model, it produces a path between the points. I'm assuming then, that I've badly missed up something in the landuse layer, but for the life of me I cannot figure out what it is or how to fix it. I haven't even been able to find a tutorial on the proper way to create a landuse layer. I assumed it was as simple as creating multiple polygons for the different use types and converting that to a raster, but it seems not to be the case. I'm running this whole process in a model built following the instructions here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3q0DpV8NQo&feature=player_embedded#!. Doe anyone have any idea where I'm going wrong ?

Outcomes