Map Magnifier for javascript

05-27-2012 05:53 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: eyzenhover

Hi everyone
is there a way that could use dojox magnifier for magnifying map div in ags web map ?
i need it for my project but i dont know how to do it ! 😞
my map contains tileService and dynamic service
any help will be appreciated
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: srinath.iyer

Hi everyone
is there a way that could use dojox magnifier for magnifying map div in ags web map ?
i need it for my project but i dont know how to do it ! 😞
my map contains tileService and dynamic service
any help will be appreciated

Hi,
did you manage to find the magnifier tool using Javascript?
Appreciate your response on this.

Thanks,
Srinath
0 Kudos
JasonZou
Occasional Contributor III
dojox.image.Magnifier is used to magnify an image that only makes an image larger. It cannot be used to show anything that dos not appear on the image. While a map maginifier will zoom the map in different zoom level, which may display some detail information that does not appear on the main map. So dojox.image.Magnifier cannot serve for the purpose of a map magnifier.

Unfortunately, ESRI JS API does not provide a magnifying dijit.

An idea is to create a movable div using dojo.dnd.Movable. Inside the movable div will be another map object whose zoom level will be the main map zoom level plus a number that designated by the magnifier. When drag and move the div, the magnifying map object will need to change its extent or center accordingly.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: amitkulz

dojox.image.Magnifier is used to magnify an image that only makes an image larger. It cannot be used to show anything that dos not appear on the image. While a map maginifier will zoom the map in different zoom level, which may display some detail information that does not appear on the main map. So dojox.image.Magnifier cannot serve for the purpose of a map magnifier.

Unfortunately, ESRI JS API does not provide a magnifying dijit.

An idea is to create a movable div using dojo.dnd.Movable. Inside the movable div will be another map object whose zoom level will be the main map zoom level plus a number that designated by the magnifier. When drag and move the div, the magnifying map object will need to change its extent or center accordingly.

This was on the right track. Have another map object, trap the original map's mouse-move, and anotherMap.setExtent(new Extent(mapPoint));

thanks
0 Kudos