AnsweredAssumed Answered

euclidean distance output is clipped

Question asked by geonetadmin on Oct 21, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 2, 2013 by geonetadmin
Original User: chocolatte

Hi,
I'm trying to create an embossed effect for some counties based on the tutorial posted in the Mapping Center.
http://blogs.esri.com/Support/blogs/mappingcenter/archive/2011/09/13/Creating-an-Embossed-Effect-for-Polygons.aspx?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:%20MappingCenter%20(Mapping%20Center)

For some reason, when I try to get the euclidean distance for the buffered dataset, the euclidean result is clipped where it shouldn't be. I've tried setting the analysis mask and analysis extent in spatial analyst to extents greater than the final output, but the output still gets clipped the same areas. I tried setting the max distance in the euclidean distance dialog to a distance that was beyond the final extent, but the output is clipped.

I've attached a few images that show the clipping issue. The same areas get clipped no matter which settings I change. It almost looks like it is being clipped to a rectangular extent, but I don't know where the setting would be to check this.
Any insight would be appreciated. I'm using ArcGIS 9.3.1 with the latest service packs.
Thanks,
Charlotte

Attachments

Outcomes