Select to view content in your preferred language

Scale Bar Height difference between Mozilla & Internet Explorer

10-07-2011 02:13 PM
AaronConnolly
Regular Contributor
I've noticed the size of the scale bar in both IE and Firefox is different. Any ideas why?

In the attached images notice how ie-9-scale-bar.png is much  taller than ffx-scale-bar.png. The same code sets the scale bar up in both cases:

esriConfig.defaults.map.slider = { right: "20px", top: "70px", height: "200px" };

I think this might be deprecated, but even the most recent sample still demonstrates this inconsistency. If you open this sample in Firefox and Internet Explorer, the scale bar is taller in size than the one in Firefox. Why is this happening and can we correct it?

http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/javascript/arcgis/demos/widget/widget_scalebar.html
0 Kudos
8 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Jian

Do you mean scalebar or zoom slider?
0 Kudos
AaronConnolly
Regular Contributor
Zoom Slider ....
0 Kudos
AaronConnolly
Regular Contributor
Anyone got any ideas on this? Is this an IE rendering issue? CSS layout issue?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: swingley

Likely CSS. What have you tried?
0 Kudos
AaronConnolly
Regular Contributor
Just this:

esriConfig.defaults.map.slider = { right: "20px", top: "70px", height: "200px" };

Also, I style the + and - buttons differently, but I don't scale the zoom slider level notches at all. There's an ESRI sample post somewhere that illustrates how to change the + / - buttons.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: swingley

You'll probably want to dig into styling the slider correctly, and perhaps conditionally depending on whether or not your in IE.

For future reference, use esri.config, not esriConfig.
0 Kudos
JatinPatel
Regular Contributor
Has anyone found solution to this yet? I am having the same issue.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Schnoerkel

I think the IE interpret the height wrong ...if I give the FF,Chrome etc. a height of 150px the IE needs 100px...the sollution i've done is a simple browser check:

if you want to use dojo:
if(dojo.isIE)
{
 esri.config.defaults.map.slider = { left:"45px", top:"100px", width:null, height:"100px" };
}else{
 esri.config.defaults.map.slider = { left:"45px", top:"100px", width:null, height:"150px" };
}

if you want to use jquery:
if($.browser.msie) 
{
 esri.config.defaults.map.slider = { left:"45px", top:"100px", width:null, height:"100px" };
}else{
 esri.config.defaults.map.slider = { left:"45px", top:"100px", width:null, height:"150px" };
}
0 Kudos