Add a reference to the ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.dll

05-21-2011 11:41 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: ehsan1980

HI,
" Add a reference to the ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.dll in a application " is the first step when we want to add a Map control to our Silverlight application.
i installed visual basic ultimate 2010 and silverlight in my computer, when i go to
Add reference/.Net , there is not ESRI.ArcGIS.Client.dll in the list. it exist in "recent" tab but when i click on it the follow error apear:
"ESRI.ArcGIS.Client" or one of dependencies requires the later version of the .NET framework than the one specified in project.
i followed the direction to change the .net framework but i could not solve the problem.
what should i do know?please help me.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: rlwatson

The "Target Silverlight Version" is "Silverlight 4", right?

Are you able to create and run a Silverlight 4 application which does not use ESRI?

I suggest that you browse to the file system to add the reference because then you know exactly which assembly is being used.

What version of the ESRI Silverlight API are you using?
0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor
Perhaps you just forgot to mention it, but you didn't mention that you installed the ESRI ArcGIS Silverlight API as well. If that's the case, yes it wont show up. Also, please install this after Visual Studio to get the proper toolbox integration (if you did it the other way around browse to the install folder and select the reference there. Usually in \Program Files\ESRI SDKs\...)
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: ehsan1980

thank you.
0 Kudos