how can i attach every floor number returned by split.index to a database with floor attributes?

09-08-2014 01:19 AM
johne
by
New Contributor III

I want to view the attributes of each floor number returned by split. index when I export it to a webscene but i dont know how to write that rule. so that if if index is one it diplays attributes in a database relevant to a floor with index one.

In the same case. is there any waty to report a string instead of numbers only?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can use CGA string functions to make database-like lookup functions. One of the ESRI.lib rules, Plant_Loader, has an example of this. The plant data came from an Excel spreadsheet. The data was formatted as CGA using Excel string functions. It will take you a bit of studying to understand it, but it is a useful technique. Hope this helps!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can report strings, but there is no support for this other than Python-based export. See this thread for more explanation: Web Scene Attribute numbers

0 Kudos
DavidWasserman
Occasional Contributor III

This link might be helpful in terms of providing documentation on script based exports.

http://cehelp.esri.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.procedural.cityengine.help/html/manual/python/pytho...

David Wasserman, AICP
0 Kudos
johne
by
New Contributor III

thanks guys.

0 Kudos