Additional JavaScript API IdentityManager documentation or examples

09-02-2014 10:02 AM
MarcusHarner
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to use the IdentityManager to authenticate users for editing a feature service.  The examples seem to imply that you just add "esri/Identitymanager" and 'IdentityManager" to the require statement and it should automatically open a login dialog when the web app is launched.  I've looked in the API Reference (identitymanager-amd | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript ) and the example(s) (Identity Manager | ArcGIS API for JavaScript ) without much luck.  I've also looked at the OAuth examples, but they all reference ArcGIS Online maps; other than the basemap I am not using any AGOL services.    Is there additional setup in ArcGIS Server; or the feature services; or the documentation of how to troubleshoot the dijit when it does not work per the examples?

Any help or additional documentation would be fantastic, and thank you.

-Marcus Harner

Shasta County IT/GIS

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeEms
New Contributor

Once you make a request to a resource that requires authentication, the dialog will appear. Make sure you're using one of the dijit themes or it won't appear correctly.

JonMorris2
Occasional Contributor II

I've also been struggling to find useful samples for IdentityManager, but there doesn't seem to be much out there. Searching the javascript samples site, just gives you two OAuth samples, which are no help if you're not using AGOL.

I did find this sample though - don't know why the search doesn't bring it up...

This blog post looks like it might be the way to go - manually creating a credential object, then calling esriId.initialize with it.

0 Kudos