AnsweredAssumed Answered

Declarative DataGrid- cannot format content

Question asked by stefancoe on Aug 28, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 29, 2014 by stefancoe

I have a DataGrid that gets updated when the user hovers over certain features. It works fine, but I need to format some of the fields/values. I am trying to use the formatter method that is supposed to call a function in the javascript script section. As far as I can tell, the function is not being called. Here is the markup:

<div id="bottomPane" data-dojo-type="dijit/layout/ContentPane" data-dojo-props="region:'bottom'"> <b>Financial Data:</b>   <table data-dojo-type="dojox.grid.EnhancedGrid" data-dojo-id="grid" id="grid" data-dojo-props="rowsPerPage:'5', rowSelector:'20px'" style="height:250px; width:100%">         <thead>             <tr>   <th field="Phase" width="50px" >Phase</th>   <th field="Year" width="50px">Year</th>   <th field="FedFundSource" width="50px">Funding Type</th>   <th field="FedFundAmount" formatter= "formatCost" >Federal Funding</th>   <th field="StateFundAmount" formatter= "formatCost" >State Funding</th>   <th field="LocalFundAmount" formatter= "formatCost" >Local Funding</th>   <th field="SponsorObDate" width="100px">Projected Obligation Date</th>             </tr>         </thead>         </table>       </div> 

And here is the function:

function formatCost (Cost) {    console.log("%s", "got here");   return "$" + Cost.toString().replace(/\B(?=(\d{3})+(?!\d))/g, ",");                      }   

Any advice is much appreciated!

-Stefan

Outcomes