Batch global watershed delineation glitch

08-06-2010 12:02 PM
Labels (1)
__
by
New Contributor III
I've run into a small snag with the ArcHydro batch global watershed delineation. I have a "Name" and "Descript" field in my batch points; this produces the expected result in the GlobalWatershed (polygon) layer, but not in the GlobalWatershedPoint layer.

Everything seems to work fine except that the GlobalWatershedPoint layer uses batch point Descprit as to populate its Name field and leaves its Descript field blank (ie. if the batch point Name= Test1 and Descript=MyDescript, then GlobalWaterShedPoint Name=MyDescript and Descript=<null>). This doesn't happen when I use the non-batch version of the global watershed delineation tool.

Has anyone else had this issue? Am I messing something up or it it just a glitch?

Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
__
by
New Contributor III
My coworker suggested a work around. Here it is in case anyone else runs into a similar problem:

"You'll notice that the DrainID or HydroID of the GlobalWatershed is the same as the DrainID or HydroID of the GlobalWatershedPoint. It appears that your DrainID=DrainID, though always check it because  I've seen it with different combinations.

Therefore:
Join the GlobalWatershed to GlobalWatershedPoint. (R-click on GlobalWatershedPoint in the TOC/joins and relates/join based on the matching field (DrainID).
Then, use field calculator to calculate the GlobalWatershedPoint's name and descript based on the joined field.
Finally, remove the join since you don't need it anymore."
0 Kudos