Create Polygon Grid error for bounding box

08-02-2013 01:01 PM
StephanieSnider
Occasional Contributor III
I'm trying to create a polygon grid using a boundary box for visual data review.  I've tried to create the grid feature class in both an ArcSDE geodatabsae and a file geodatabase.   Both locations result in the same error -  001076; failed to project grid geometry to spatial reference: GCS_North_American_1983.  See full error message: [ATTACH=CONFIG]26437[/ATTACH]

The Data Reviewer workspace was setup in NAD_1983_UTM_Zone_11N projection system.  The only feature class in my mxd is also in NAD_1983_UTM_Zone_11N.  Why am I getting an error message about GCS coordinate system?

During setup of the Data Reviewer workspace, I was unable to grant edit permission to the REVTABLEGUIPROPERTIES table, getting an error 9999999 - failed to execute.  Also I was unable to grant select permission to the RevAdminCustomFields and RevAdminDescriptions tables, getting an error 9999999 - failed to execute.

Could this be a permission issue?

ArcSDE 10.0 SP3
ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 SP4
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichelleJohnson
Esri Contributor
Hello,

What service pack do you have installed for Data Reviewer?  There was a fix in Data Reviewer's 10.0 SP1 that addressed an issue with the Polygon Grid Wizard, which might be related to what you are experiencing.

Since you have core's SP4 installed, you would need DR's SP4.  Note that the latest Data Reviewer service pack and patch is SP5 Patch 2, which requires Core's SP5.
0 Kudos
StephanieSnider
I have Service Pack 1 on the Data Reviewer.  Wow, I didn't know there was a SP4.  I'll install it and report how it goes.

Stephanie
0 Kudos
StephanieSnider
I went ahead and upgraded ArcGIS Desktop to SP 5, then upgraded Data Reviewer for SP 5 Patch 2.  The create polygon grid works perfectly.  Thank you!!!
0 Kudos