Error loading JS API on Internet Explorer?

Jump to solution
06-20-2013 01:46 AM
JörgPossin
New Contributor III
Hi,

I've got an web application which runs withoiut problems with Firefox and Chrome but not with Internet Explorer 8:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25380[/ATTACH]

This is the row 36 in gamo.js:
define("gamo", ["dojo/ready",            "dijit/Tooltip",            "dijit/Toolbar",            "dijit/TooltipDialog",            "dijit/form/TextBox",            "dijit/form/Button",            "dijit/form/DropDownButton",            "dojo/dom",            "cbtree/Tree",            "cbtree/models/ForestStoreModel",            "dojo/_base/connect",            "dojo/domReady",            "esri/dijit/Legend",           "esri/dijit/Popup",            "esri/dijit/OverviewMap",            "esri/dijit/Scalebar",            "esri/layers/FeatureLayer",            "dijit/Dialog",            "dojo",            "dojo/_base/lang",            "dojo/data/ItemFileWriteStore",            "dojox/grid/DataGrid",            "esri/dijit/Print",             "dijit/Menu",            "dijit/MenuItem",            "dijit/form/ComboButton"],          function(ready, Tooltip, Toolbar, TooltipDialog, TextBox, Button, DropDownButton, dom, Tree, ForestStoreModel, connect, domReady, Legend, Popup, OverviewMap, Scalebar, FeatureLayer, Dialog, dojo, lang, ItemFileWriteStore, DataGrid, Print, Menu, MenuItem, ComboButton) {

IE doesn't recognize the define method from dojo. But if it is in debug mode IE8 shows the page with a working map but with css failures. In normal mode no map is shown.

I think it is a problem with loading the esri/dojo api but I am not sure. Has anyone ane idea?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JörgPossin
New Contributor III
Finally I found it. Old code:

<script type="text/javascript"> var dojoConfig = {     parseOnLoad : true,     packages : [{          name : "cbtree",         location : "$cbtreePfad"     },    ] }; </script>

The comma after the closing bracket cause the problem on IE8. With this code it works:

<script type="text/javascript"> var dojoConfig = {     parseOnLoad : true,     packages : [{          name : "cbtree",         location : "$cbtreePfad"     },    ] }; </script>

Hard to find and the messages from IE8 are not very useful 😞 But now it works 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JörgPossin
New Contributor III
Finally I found it. Old code:

The comma after the closing bracket cause the problem on IE8. With this code it works:

Hard to find and the messages from IE8 are not very useful 😞 But now it works 🙂
0 Kudos