JS API with proxy.ashx ArcGIS Online basemap 403 issue

Jump to solution
04-09-2013 07:29 AM
DaveHighness
Occasional Contributor II
Hi, I am using ArcGIS Online basemaps in my application. I also am going to have this site and secured services on SSL so I need to use the proxy.ashx and force traffic through the proxy. The problem I am having is when I force traffic through the proxy the ArcGIS Online basemaps return a 403 error for some but not all of the tiles. I have no idea why this is happening. Anyone have any ideas? I included a screen shot below. The tiles draw in alternating horizontal lines.

Thanks, Dave
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
looks like you've listed "server.arcgisonline.com" as permissible in the proxy.config but not "services.arcgisonline.com"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
looks like you've listed "server.arcgisonline.com" as permissible in the proxy.config but not "services.arcgisonline.com"
0 Kudos
DaveHighness
Occasional Contributor II
Ah, that fixed it. So why when I am pointing to the "server.arcgisonline.com" URL is it also pulling tiles from the "services.arcgisonline.com" URL? That was far from obvious to me.

Thanks for the help.

Dave
0 Kudos
JohnGravois
Frequent Contributor
im not really sure why the tile handler serves up tiles from both urls (perhaps to distribute load), but i've never seen the same behavior when "services" itself is used to denote the hosted content instead of "server" (because "server.arcgisonline.com" automatically redirects in the browser to "services"). 

either way, glad my suggestion resolved your problem.
0 Kudos