AGSJS Table of Contents (TOC) Widget for ArcGIS problem

02-07-2013 05:45 AM
MartynSmith
New Contributor
First of all I'd like to thank the creator of this great table of contents widget.  This is something that should be a default part of the API but for some reason still is not.

My issue is that I have a dynamic map service with three main grouped layers.  The top grouped layer has initialVisibility=true, and the bottom two are off by default.  When I toggle the checkboxes for the bottom two layers however, it does not turn them on.  Can anyone suggest a fix for this?

agsjs toc widget v2.04
esri jsapi v3.2

Thanks for any help.  Attached is a screen capture of my issue:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21550[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
2 Replies
KevinMacLeod1
Occasional Contributor III
Marty, I agree, this is a great piece of work, thanks to Nianwei Liu! I also highly recommend to ESRI to include this going forward (at least as an option to enable) in their templates, e.g. Basic Viewer.

I'd recommend you give us a link to your site and relevant pieces of code in order to take a look at the issue.

Also this may help... Nianwei in fact posted an example of this AGSJS TOC integrated in to ESRI's Basic Viewer, referenced in this thread: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/75725-BasicViewer-with-TOC  Perhaps this site or code will meet your requirements? As he directed, use Firebug to get the relevant scripts. Also, one other tip: I put multiple instances of this AGSJS widget into AccordionPanes and it works great. Just fyi.
0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum
remember checking the box turns the GROUP on, but does not change the sublayers.  Are the sublayers on ?

can you expand the bottom two? If they are all unchecked, checking the box does nothing.
0 Kudos