AnsweredAssumed Answered

Model Builder - Using iterator and Add Join tools to join tables

Question asked by daniele_vilanova on Dec 12, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 15, 2012 by daniele_vilanova
Hello all,

I am trying to run a model where I join a couple hundreds (hence, why I'm using the model builder!) of tables to a 'matrix/base' table (I'm using the term matrix/base only to refer to this single table as an independent one), using a common column field. This 'matrix/base' table where all the other tables will be joined to is in a different folder than the other several ones (and those are all in one folder; there are only those tables in this folder).

I am using the 'Iterate Tables' on my model in order to go thru all the tables I want to join to my 'matrix' table. The sketch to my model is attached. It runs fine, but my output table has only the last table joined, not all tables from my folder... while running though it looks like it goes thru all the tables in the folder, but maybe the model is 'writing' over every time it goes to a new table to join?

If I do it manually the tables are all joined without deleting or writing over the previous one, so I was wondering if anyone knows why in the model it doesn't go this way? Any help is much appreciated, since I don't want to spend hours (or even days!) joining all tables one by one

oh, and all tables are in a .dbf format.

Cheers,
Daniele[ATTACH=CONFIG]19896[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Outcomes