Editable Map Services

Jump to solution
09-26-2017 02:45 PM
GeorgeKatsambas
Occasional Contributor III

I have added another SDE Feature Data Set with 6 feature classes to an Online map that collector can edit. In the online map the map is editable, as it is in collector. However in Chrome or Edge ( my only 2 browsers) the last feature service I added can not be edited. The Edit Widget does not show the feature layer I want to added and in the templates it says no creatable layers are visible.  I have attached an image of the browser console. Any Ideas?Web AppBuilder for ArcGIShttps://community.esri.com/groups/web-app-builder-custom-widgets

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

So you should remove the edit widget save the app (shut down and restart WAB for good measure) and add the edit widget back and see what happens.

console gives the same error

The only error I saw was the woff and woff2 errors that I gave you a link on how to fix.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

George,

1. In ArcMap did you remember to set a edit template for that new featureClass (i.e. right click the featureclass > Edit Features > Organize Feature Templates > New Template)?
  2. When you published the map service what supported feature are shown in the rest end point? Supported Operations:   Query   Apply Edits   Add Features   Update Features   Delete Features   Validate SQL   Generate Renderer   Return Updates
  3. You have some errors in your console because the woff and woff2 mime types are not registered on your web server. See this link to fix that: http://eli.eliandlyndi.com/2010/11/29/enable-iis-to-serve-woff-and-svg-files/ 
GeorgeKatsambas

I did set the edit templates and when I published all operations checked except for sync.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

George,

Is the map service part of the webmap or are you adding it in another way?

0 Kudos
GeorgeKatsambas

added it to the arcgis online webmap for collector that points to that web map. for the web browsers I am using WAB 2.5 to create a web map to deploy to our ArcGIS Server.

I could send you a link of that web map if you like

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

George,

What happen if you create a new app and use this webmap and the edit widget?

0 Kudos
GeorgeKatsambas

Then it works, console gives the same error but widget acts like it should

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

So you should remove the edit widget save the app (shut down and restart WAB for good measure) and add the edit widget back and see what happens.

console gives the same error

The only error I saw was the woff and woff2 errors that I gave you a link on how to fix.

GeorgeKatsambas

Thanks Robert as always, however, IIS in administrator operation on my side and none in IT understand this remedy lol. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

George that is pretty strange that none of your IT personnel know how to add a MIME type, that's pretty basic web stuff.