Select to view content in your preferred language

webappbuilder - use same code trunk for all applications

06-13-2019 10:08 AM
MaximeDemers
Regular Contributor

In my organization there is 2-3 people that are creating applications with webappbuilder.They are creating the applications on a server where webappbuilder developper is installed. When they are satisfied, they download the application files and copy it to another server for publishing on the internet.

One of my roles in the organization is to develop custom widgets or extend existing with new functions, design, etc...

I found it difficult to maintain all the customization in every applications they are creating. I have no problem to build widgets that will be generic enough to works in all application, but when I apply some change to those widgets, I found it painful to go in each applications and replace the code with the new version.

Is there a way to force every applications to use the same widget code trunk in the server where webappbuilder developer is installled in order to keep them up-to-date automatically?

Any thoughts or suggestions on this?

P.S.: I have also some problem for testing, but I think I will open a new discussion on this

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Maxime,

In each apps main config.json the widgets have a uri property that currently use a relative path. You can change that to an absolute path.

MaximeDemers
Regular Contributor

The best would be to modify the function that create the config.json in order that every new applications will automatically use the trunk. Not sure if it's possible though.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

The WAB builder code base is minified and it would not be easy at all you make that change.

0 Kudos