Web AppBuilder not keeping custom changes when re-imported

Jump to solution
12-10-2018 12:03 PM
MichaelTorbett
Occasional Contributor II

I have an application that I built using the Web AppBuilder Developer's Edition. I downloaded and gave it to my web developer to customize the look of one widget for this particular app. He then sent it back to me and I deployed it to my server for access through AGOL. Everything has been working fine. However, now I need to make some additional changes. When I go to re upload the app to WebApp Builder, the widget that was customized reverts to it's default look and feel. The code that my web developer implemented is not holding even though it is still there. Any Idea what's causing this?  Everything has been done with WAB 2.10. 

Thanks,

Michael 

One thing to note: The widget I am referring to is the NearMe widget. We worked directly with it without making a copy or changing it's name. Not sure if this might be the problem.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

Customizing a default widget like the NearMe widget would definitely be the issue. When importing the app it will look at the widgets used in the app and if they are default widget it will just use the widget from the stemapp widgets directory and not attempt to import that widget from the imported app.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

Customizing a default widget like the NearMe widget would definitely be the issue. When importing the app it will look at the widgets used in the app and if they are default widget it will just use the widget from the stemapp widgets directory and not attempt to import that widget from the imported app.

MichaelTorbett

Thank you for the reply Robert. I had a feeling that was the problem. I've tried making a copy and renaming the widget (NearMeCustom).  I changed it's name in the manifest.json and in the Widget.js folder (baseClass: 'jimu-widget-nearmecustom' ,) .  However, the widget still displays as "NearMe" in the widget panel instead of "NearMeCustom." Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

The widgets label is often set in the nls/strings.js file.

MichaelTorbett

Got it!. That's what I needed. Thank you for your help Robert. I've been looking everywhere for that.

0 Kudos