Select to view content in your preferred language

WAB Dev Multiple Developers

10-05-2018 07:54 AM
BrianLeroux
Frequent Contributor

Hi All,

I have WAB dev running on a network drive so that I can have other developers working from the same set of apps. WAB launches and runs fine from that location however, only I can see the maps I create. Is it possible to allow all developers to see and edit each others work? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrianLeroux
Frequent Contributor

I found the rest request that is getting the app list for the current user. Now to see if I can find where this is being called and see if I can modify that.

https://mycomputername.domain.com:3344/webappbuilder/rest/apps/list?username=Username@domain&portalU...

AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

Hope this helps:

On the machine/server that you have WAB DE installed, either:

Always leave the window that opens when you double-click startup.bat open

or

Run WAB DE as a windows service

https://developers.arcgis.com/web-appbuilder/guide/getstarted-run-as-window-service.htm

All your developers should be able to access the URL you mentioned above from their workstation.

The caveat is that in order for them to see the same apps you are working with, they might need the login credentials you are using.

If you are the admin of that login, then maybe you provide them a download of the app they want, so that they can develop it using their login instead.

When they are done with their developing, they can then provide you a download of their finished product.

0 Kudos
BrianLeroux
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Andres. The biggest problem is that we use Windows Auth and have no way to share credentials from a technical and security standpoint. Unfortunately I think that leaves us with needing to transfer changes back and forth which is going to complicate things quite a bit. I am hoping to come up with a good solution using our version control tools.

0 Kudos
AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

At my organization, we login to WAB DE using a general Admin account that uses AGO credentials. The account does not belong to a specific person, but different admins/developers may use the login to work there.

The admins/developers are responsible for documenting what changes were made when they logged in.

0 Kudos