Upgrading Identify Widget 2.1 for WAB 2.1

Jump to solution
08-17-2016 04:26 PM
MatthewLevey
New Contributor III

I have upgraded WebAppBuilder to 2.1 and thus the Identify Widget to 2.1, and now Identify does not work with my dynamic map services. Although in settings the urls for the map layers are ok (green checkmark) only the same one layer returns a value. The Developer Tools network tab does not show a request sent to the server for any of the other layers when clicking on the map. The one service that works is the only service that is not time-enabled. I have checked the use map time box.

Possibly related is the fact that I cannot add an image service even though the server responds correctly with the service info. I get the error that the url is incorrect.

I upgraded by adding the new unzipped identify folder to client then upgrading through node.js.

Using ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 with Portal.

Any help or insight is appreciated!

Identify Widget Version 2.1 -  07/20/2016

Robert Scheitlin, GISP

Matt Levey
SeaSpatial Consulting
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

Though images service have a identify link on their REST service directory page the actual process of identifying on an image service using JS is a completely different task:

ImageServiceIdentifyTask | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.17  which my widget does not support. The identify widget does support retrieving pixel vales from a rater inside a MapService though.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

What version did you upgrade from? What does your browsers web console say? Are there any errors reported.

0 Kudos
MatthewLevey
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

I upgraded WAB from 1.4 and the Identify widget from 1.3.0.1. There are no errors reported in the Chrome (vers. 52.0.2743.116 m) Dev Tools  console and no indication in the Network tab that a REST request is sent when clicking on the map with any combination of settings. Only the one non-time-enabled layer shows a REST request.

This occurs running locally with Node.js as I have not tried to publish the new app yet.

thank you,

Matt

Matt Levey
SeaSpatial Consulting
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matt,

Have you tried a new app and configuring the widget a fresh? Just to debug and see if it is a widget install issue or a configuration issue?

0 Kudos
MatthewLevey
New Contributor III

I have tried adding the widget to a new app with no success.

Previously I had deleted the entire WAB folder and unzipped it again fresh. I unzipped the updated Identify widget to the client folder. I then updated the app using the node.js commands.

I get the same non-working results with Firefox as well - no request is sent when clicking on the map.

thank you,

Matt

Matt Levey
SeaSpatial Consulting
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matt,

OK, could you try and eliminate the possibility that the node.js upgrade command is the culprit by just starting an new app in your WAB instance and then add the identify widget to that new app and then configure a layer or two like you did in your old app and see if it works. BTW you can check the version of any of my widgets you are using by holding the Alt key and clicking on the widget (to ensure you are truly using a widget version that matches the WAB version you are in).

0 Kudos
MatthewLevey
New Contributor III

I can confirm that both versions of the WAB and Identify widget are the same (2.1).

This is an obvious oversight on my part but because I could not add Image Services to the Identify widget I tried using their matching Map Service url when configuring the Identify widget. Clearly the layers must be in the map to use them, rather than just be accessible through the REST endpoint. I changed the underlying Map to one with the map services and the Identify widget works. I apologize for not thinking of that sooner.

So, I guess my issue now is whether the Identify widget works with Image Services, which according to the REST Services Directory shows that they do support Identify. I am unable to add the url (copied directly from the browser address bar) of an Image Service to the Identify widget configuration.

Thank you.

Matt Levey
SeaSpatial Consulting
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

Though images service have a identify link on their REST service directory page the actual process of identifying on an image service using JS is a completely different task:

ImageServiceIdentifyTask | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.17  which my widget does not support. The identify widget does support retrieving pixel vales from a rater inside a MapService though.

MatthewLevey
New Contributor III

Robert,

Understood. Since your widget is so useful I will try to add the map services and hide them in the map, which WAB 2.1 layer list allows.

Thank you for your time and your assistance, and of course for your widget.

regards,

Matt

Matt Levey
SeaSpatial Consulting