Street View Widget (2.0.1) giving me an error in WAB 2.0

Jump to solution
06-15-2016 02:26 PM
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I am using Robert Scheitlin, GISP​'s Google StreetView widget from here: Google Street View Widget 2.0.1 - 04/21/16

I have it implemented into one of my custom Web AppBuilder (Development Edition 2.0) maps as a widget. It works fine for about 4 seconds, then it grays out and gives me this error:

Oops! Something went wrong.

This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.

This error happens in Chrome or Firefox and happens in my Dev area or on a hosted site. Though, I can load Robert's example site just fine.

How do I go about fixing this?

Thanks in advance!

PS, When looking at the JavaScript console, this is the error:

"Google Maps API error: RefererNotAllowedMapError https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#referer-not-allowed-map-e...

Your site URL to be authorized: https://desktop-vdncsj2:3344/webappbuilder/apps/5/widgets/StreetView/StreetView.html?wbgColor=000000..."

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adrian,

You need to follow the help document where it talks about obtaining a Google API Key for your site.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adrian,

You need to follow the help document where it talks about obtaining a Google API Key for your site.

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Thanks Robert. I followed the steps and obtained a key. I put that key into the config screen (even tried both places for the heck of it), like shown in the help document and it still gives me that error. (I tired logging out/in stopping/starting the WAB Dev thing, etc.). Are there certain restrictions on there that I am not thinking of (like using it in Firefox)?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adrian,

Nope not that I can see as both my live preview and my main site work fine in FireFox.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Robert,

It works now. I am not sure what happened. Maybe there was a time lag or so. Either way, it works like it's supposed to! Thanks so much!

0 Kudos