Select to view content in your preferred language

Street View in Popup Widget 1.1.0.1 - Remove Birds Eye

11-28-2017 08:34 AM
AdminHR_GIS
New Contributor II

Hi I wanted to know how to turn off the Bird's Eye check box by default when loading this widget.  Unfortunately, in my area the Bird's Eye feature of Bing maps does not work.  I'm guessing they don't have the imagery for my community.  

I've looked into the the different folders and understand that when the page loads the following line under div id="MenuDiv3" loads the following:

<input id="bingMapCheckbox" type="checkbox" checked="" onclick="layoutRefresh()">

It's the checked="" that I'd like to remove but don't know how.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Just removed the checked property:

<input id="bingMapCheckbox" type="checkbox" onclick="layoutRefresh()">
0 Kudos
AdminHR_GIS
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert, I still can't find that line.  The only place I find similar lines of code would be in the dualmaps.js script.  For example in the dualmaps.js script there is this:

if (eid("bingMapCheckbox")) {
   this.t = eid("bingMapCheckbox").checked;
} else {
   if (!this.C && !this.o && !this.B) {
      this.t = true;
   } else {
      this.t = false;
   }
}

I am pretty sure this isn't the code I need to alter, though.  I could be wrong.

I can remove the  'checked="" ' while in the inspector window for a temporary solution.  However, how do I change this functionality permanently?  I can't seem to find where in the js scripts to do it.  Maybe my thinking is wrong and this isn't changed by altering js scripts.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I am not really familiar with this widget but I would look in the .html files and not the .js files

0 Kudos