Select to view content in your preferred language

Splash Widget Error

Jump to solution
05-11-2020 12:28 AM
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Hi, this isn't a custom widget but the dev here are probably the best people that can help.

I am using ArcGIS enterprise portal build in webappbuilder splash widget. It is a new install and when I attempt to add the splash widget, I get stuck at configuration loading with the error below. I know nls is the language translation but I am unsure what is causing this error. Can anyone please assist? It seem to be missing nls.transparency therefore when it is trying to do a string replace on a undefine attribute, it threw an error.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I have not worked with Portal 10.7.1 in a 3D app but you can probably get past this by adding the transparency property to the 

Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\apps\webappviewer3d\widgets\Splash\setting\nls\settings_en.js.uncompressed.js file.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Victor,

What version of Enterprise is this occurring in?

0 Kudos
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Enterprise 10.7.1

I also found out Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\apps\webappviewer3d\widgets\Splash\setting\nls\settings_en.js.uncompressed.js is missing transparency.

I am just unsure which is the right nls folder to edit

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Victor,

So it is a 3D app that you are working on?

0 Kudos
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

yes it is

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I have not worked with Portal 10.7.1 in a 3D app but you can probably get past this by adding the transparency property to the 

Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\apps\webappviewer3d\widgets\Splash\setting\nls\settings_en.js.uncompressed.js file.

0 Kudos
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Thank you Robert Scheitlin, GISP‌. I have added it in a few places including yours and cannot confirm which one got it working. Again, thank you for your help

0 Kudos
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

I edited 

"C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\apps\webappviewer3d\widgets\Splash\setting\nls\Setting_en.js"

and 

"C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\apps\webappbuilder\stemapp3d\widgets\Splash\setting\nls\Setting_en.js"

and now it is loading fine. But that still doesn't explain why the nls entry is missing. hmmm

0 Kudos