Select to view content in your preferred language

Settings config and UI

01-06-2015 06:36 AM
DouglasGennetten
Deactivated User

What is the bare minimum required to get a functioning settings UI integrated?  I create a base setting.js, setting.html and config.json with a single simple setting and I consistently get a widget load error, with nothing helpful logged.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Douglas,

What do you have in your manifest.json? Do you have a nls folder with a strings.js in it, under setting folder? What about a css folder with a style.css in it, under setting folder?

0 Kudos
DouglasGennetten
Deactivated User

I had all but a style.css in setting. Could that be it?

Now, I've installed wab 1.0 and cant even get a new simple widget recognized. Following the instructions for copying CustomWidgetTemplate doesn't seem to work as before.  Copying and renaming a simple existing widget (like About) doesn't seem to work either.

What, exactly, must be changed in a copy of CustomWidgetTemplate or About--besides the folder name and widget name--to get them recognized as a new widget?

The new widget appears to get recognized by the server, but does not show in the widget picker.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Douglas,

Even with changing the 2D and 3D properties in the manifest.json like I told you about in a previous thread?

0 Kudos
DouglasGennetten
Deactivated User

Yes. I verified that was correct.

With the new 1.0 build, we've not been able to get WAB to run at all on our corporate-domain machines.  And our PM's are quite unhappy with the current deployment story, so we've been a bit frustrated.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Douglas,

Have you contacted esri Tech Support about this? Sorry you are having such issues. Installing and running and custom widget development has been pretty painless here.

0 Kudos