Search task that returns intersecting features?

Jump to solution
04-22-2016 12:09 PM
helenchu
Occasional Contributor II

What I'm trying to do is to have all intersecting points returned with the attribute grid view from a selected polygon.  Users click to select the polygon.  Is there a widget like that out there ?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Helen,

I is going to have something to do with the redirect thing. I am not sure what to advice you from here though. I don't have any experience with urls automatically getting re-directed.

helenchu

Robert,

Node.js has been run and installed previously on this server. Would that cause a problem that you can think of?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Helen,

No I don't think Node JS is going to be any part of the issue. The issue sounds more like an IT issue as to why the urls are getting redirected.

0 Kudos
helenchu

My co-worker re-configured portal  and now it works fine.  I'm able to get your widgets work.  They're wonderful, such a great help for people like me.  I'd like to do a  little more customization to suit my need.  I hope you could help me out.

1/ Disable zoom from "Results" tab ?  (I still want to keep "zoom to search results", just the zoom to each individual result from results tab I want to disable)

2/ Is there a way for me to trigger the spatial search on page load ?  What I'm trying to achieve is to pass an extent through the URL and the webpage should load with all the selection results highlighted.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Helen,

The easiest way to do #1 is open the List.js file and find this line and comment it out:

this.emit('click', this.selectedIndex, item);

Is there a way for me to trigger the spatial search on page load?  you can have that tab as the active tab by using the widgets settings dialog and changing the "Initial View". But no there is not a current method for doing a graphical search based on a url parameter. You can search based on a value but not a graphic from the url.

0 Kudos