Save Session Widget Question

04-28-2016 07:18 AM
JasonStanton__GISP
Occasional Contributor

I am hoping that someone can help me with this.... I really want to use the Save Session widget, but I'm having difficulty understanding what exactly is meant by "create a service that returns the session file as an attachment".  What type of service?  What parameters?  Do anyone have an example that they could provide?  I feel like I'm missing something simple, but I can't figure out what it is.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jason,

That was the authors advice for those that were developers and saw the need to be able to transfer the session state to another user. This by no means was any more that a recommendation of a general direction for someone to take if they was able and willing to develop this type of capability. With all the work that has gone into url parameters in the latest version of WAB 2.0.1 and the layer and extent save being built right into WAB 2.0 now you can probably do everything you need to do with right out of the box capabilities.

0 Kudos
JasonStanton__GISP
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  If I am understanding correctly it wasn't an 'easy' solution for me so I'll just have to wait and migrate to 2.0 when I can.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jason,

Yes. Migrating is a simple process though. So there is no reason to delay.

0 Kudos