On Screen widget container moving when browser resized

Jump to solution
09-06-2018 01:43 PM
JoelPerkins
New Contributor III

Hello. I have an onscreen widget that I am using with the plateau theme and the widgets are stacked top to bottom on the left hand side of the screen. I found out that when I resize the browser window (making it narrower or even reducing the height of the browser) my widget icon/container shoots across to the right side of the screen. In the config.json, I have the position set to 

position: {

top: 212,

left: 7,

relative to: map

}

What else might need to be done to keep the widget from moving clear across the screen when I resize the browser window.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Joel,

OK, now I see. You are using the Plateau theme and there is no support for onScreen widgets like you are attempting. The theme is just not designed for this.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Joel,

Make it relative to: browser instead of map.

0 Kudos
JoelPerkins
New Contributor III

Hmm, it doesn't seem to make a difference -- it gets popped off either way. Almost like there is a limit to how many icons can be stacked. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Have you added more to the default three?

0 Kudos
JoelPerkins
New Contributor III

Even if I turn all the default ones off, my widget still moves. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
??? So did you add more onscreen placeholders? What do you mean turned off the default ones?

0 Kudos
JoelPerkins
New Contributor III

I just made them visible: false.

Should my widget be grouped with the rest of these off panel widgets? Maybe that's an issue? You see how mine is in it's own section?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Joel,

No that is exactly where standard widgets should appear the ones above are different are different type of widgets.

So what I don’t understand is when you say made them not visible, that tells me we are not talking about the same thing. Maybe more screenshots would help.

0 Kudos
JoelPerkins
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert. 

This is what it looked like before I added my widget to the screen. 

This is what it looked like before I added my widget.

We didn't want the "My Location" widget, so I just made it visible: false and it disappears. 

And then I moved my widget into the void left by the "my Location" widget. But maybe that's the issue, that just because "My Location Widget" isn't visible, it's still there? But still, even if I move my widget down and make it the bottom widget, it still "pops off" when resizing the browser. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Joel,

Can you attach your main config.json for me to review?

0 Kudos