Login screen for web app builder hosted on IIS

Jump to solution
11-13-2015 02:42 AM
IrisGreen
New Contributor

Hi,

I am new to using web app builder, we are planning to add a couple of custom widgets to the builder.

However I am not able to understand with the current architecture of web app builder If we host it on IIS, is there a Login screen possible

for WAB similar to ArcGIS flex viewer login screen?

Please suggests.

Thanks in advance.

Iris

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Iris,

There was some custom development for in the Flex Viewer world to support a login page (if that is what you are referring to). Both Flex and WAB support Identify Manager for logging into secured map services. The use of a start page that has the user login for WAB is NOT otb feature and would have to be developed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Iris,

There was some custom development for in the Flex Viewer world to support a login page (if that is what you are referring to). Both Flex and WAB support Identify Manager for logging into secured map services. The use of a start page that has the user login for WAB is NOT otb feature and would have to be developed.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If you are using services from your local ArcGIS Server and have secure services, you will be default get a login screen for the services (suggest having SSL set up for this). I'm not sure if you have this in place.

Typically the topics have gone the other way on this forum....that us, to have secure services without having the user log in, so probably not as much info on Geonet For you topic.  You may want to look thru the various widgets already available Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List ​     in particular ​ 'Larrys Custom WAB Widgets and More  for functionality he has built into a tabbed splash screen.  This might give you some ideas on what you might want to build.

MattRantala1
New Contributor II

Ok, so this is an old thread but I found it while researching the same idea & thought I would share the solution that worked for me. Use the standard windows forms authentication and rename the index.html to index.aspx and let ASPX manage it for you. Pretty straight-forward as long as you know how to use IIS's built-in forms authentication.

MichaelRobb
Occasional Contributor III

Not very useful if the authentication is using the AGS built in Identity store. 

0 Kudos