LayerToggleButton Widget, deployed but invisible

Jump to solution
08-29-2019 01:14 PM
BingJing
New Contributor III

Hi Robert, or anyone who can help, 

Unzipped "LayerToggleButton" folder is copied to ...\server\apps\13\widgets folder.

But when I try to add the widget into my app, this widget is not on the list to choose from.
I did the 1st readme instruction. Not sure what and where to edit the main config.json? Can you explain more/
1. Replace the widget.js in the themes\FoldableTheme\widgets\HeaderController folder with the one I have provided in this download.
2. Manullay edit the apps main config.json to add "selected": true, to the widget.

The unzipped "LayerToggleButton" has two sub-folders  "HeadController" and "LayerToggleButton" ,  I also tried to only put the subfolder "LayerToggleButton" under widgets, still no luck.

What could I do wrong? Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BingJing
New Contributor III

Yes, I did add it under \client\stemapp\widgets\

I just found the solution.

I manually added below line in the manifest.json file. And I got it showing up now.  Thank you!

"2D": true,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Bing,

I also tried to only put the subfolder "LayerToggleButton" under widgets, still no luck.

This was the main step you need to do to get the widget to show in the widget chooser dialog. You should close WAB and re-open.

0 Kudos
BingJing
New Contributor III

Hi Robert, It did not work. I just put the "LayerToggleButton" under "\client\stemapp\", and created a new app, still no display in widget chooser window.... Let me keep exploring. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Bing,

That should be \client\stemapp\widgets

0 Kudos
BingJing
New Contributor III

Yes, I did add it under \client\stemapp\widgets\

I just found the solution.

I manually added below line in the manifest.json file. And I got it showing up now.  Thank you!

"2D": true,

0 Kudos