how to DEFINE layer correctly? 3D Editor widget does not show the ROTATION & RESIZE HANDLES.

Jump to solution
06-06-2021 05:30 AM
MichaelLev
Occasional Contributor III

I'm developing custom widgets for WAB (Develper Edtion) 2.17, Launchpad Theme, on 3D Scenes (ArcGIS API for javascript 4.17). I am still a newby.

I created custom widget based on ESRI code example Edit features in 3D with the Editor widget

In our portal we created a feature layer containing 3D Polygon types.

my Editor custor-widget succeeds to add our layer 3D polygons to the scene and to edit their location and height,

But - we do not see the handles, neither for RESIZE, nor for ROTATION, so the "Edit 3D Widget" does not enable us, neither to resize, nor to rotate the elements we added into the scene from our feature layer. 

How can we define the feature layer correctly, so that its features could be rotated and resized by the 3D Editor Widget when adding them into the 3D scene or editing them afterwards? 

I attach the info for both my layer the layer from esri example.

I do not know how to make my layer exactly as esri's example layer, and I do not know what parameters are important and what not.

Help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SaschaBrunnerCH
Esri Contributor

Hi Michael

The line and polygon transformations in 3D got introduced with ArcGIS JS API Version 4.19:
Release notes for 4.19 | ArcGIS API for JavaScript
If you would like to have the handles for polygon you need to upgrade.

To check out how it looks like with 4.17 you can modify the sample in the sandbox: Sandbox: widgets-editor-3d (arcgis.com) and change to 4.17.
For ObjectSymbol3DLayer | ArcGIS API for JavaScript the handles for resizing and rotation are available since version 4.15 with introducing Editing in 3D: Release notes for 4.15 | ArcGIS API for JavaScript.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SaschaBrunnerCH
Esri Contributor

Hi Michael

The line and polygon transformations in 3D got introduced with ArcGIS JS API Version 4.19:
Release notes for 4.19 | ArcGIS API for JavaScript
If you would like to have the handles for polygon you need to upgrade.

To check out how it looks like with 4.17 you can modify the sample in the sandbox: Sandbox: widgets-editor-3d (arcgis.com) and change to 4.17.
For ObjectSymbol3DLayer | ArcGIS API for JavaScript the handles for resizing and rotation are available since version 4.15 with introducing Editing in 3D: Release notes for 4.15 | ArcGIS API for JavaScript.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
MichaelLev

Dear SachaBrunnerCH,

Indeed I found it by trying to set 4.17 in esri example.

So I upgraded my WAB to 2.20 that uses API 4.19. (at first I wrote 4.20 by mistake)

Thank you.

0 Kudos
SaschaBrunnerCH
Esri Contributor

Just to mention API 4.20 is not released yet.
WAB to 2.20 is using API 4.19
see also: https://developers.arcgis.com/web-appbuilder/guide/about-versions.htm

0 Kudos
MichaelLev

Dear SachaBrunnerCH,

Thank you for the important info.

question: maybe you know how to help in my new post -

esri example "Edit features in 3D with the Editor widget" - how to insert the Expand and Snap elemen...

0 Kudos