Export Attribute Table to CSV in IE11 - Not Formatted Properly in Excel

01-09-2015 12:01 PM
deleted-user-YYhuCJuuEn9L
New Contributor III

FYI, in the Developer version of the WAB,  I noticed that when exporting the Attribute Table to CSV in IE11, Excel didn't seem to be recognizing the comma delimiters and rows would show up in a single column. I tried a workaround found in this thread on stackoverflow:

javascript - execCommand in internet explorer saves the csv file using USC-2 Little endian encoding,...

And made the following edit to the widgets/AttributeTable/Widget.js file:

2015-01-09_115343.png

And the CSV now displays as expected in Excel (2010). Hope this helps.

Update: This issue seems to not have been fixed in the 1.1 version. The workaround I used in the 1.1 version is this:

2015-05-26_110649.jpg

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ryan,

Be sure to call tech support and report this bug.

0 Kudos
JeremiahGlascock1
New Contributor II

All,

There is also a bug with the export to CSV. If you have commas in the data, it will offset the columns. For example: Field Name: Fullname

Value: "Doe, John"

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeremiah,

Are you using the WAB 1.x version or a beta version? I just tested in WAB 1.0 and a column with a comma in it exported just fine.

0 Kudos
JeremiahGlascock1
New Contributor II

Robert,

The problem persists in the WAB within Portal. It looks like the code in the developer WAB and what is in the WAB built in Portal for ArcGIS are different. This is not the only time i have seen this. I am going to try to copy the code from developer WAB to the server for the attribute widget and see what resultI get. I am guessing it will work. I wonder how many other places the code is different. I presume there are two differentdeveloper teams at ESRI working on these products and are not aligning themselves.

Thanks

0 Kudos