Select to view content in your preferred language

eSearch widget with WAB 1.2 - unexpected results in Attribute table

Jump to solution
08-13-2015 11:58 AM
SebastianRoberts
Frequent Contributor

I'm using the eSearch Widget, and noticed that when I migrated my app to WAB 1.2 that I get the map service max records returned to the Attribute table.  Has anyone else seen this behavior?  I'm not sure if this is even an issue with the eSearch widget or the attribute table, but I don't see the same thing happening with the query widget or the Esri supplied Search widget, so I thought I would try posting here first to see if anyone else has noticed the same behavior.

Some details:

I have the "show in attribute table Widget" box checked in the config for the search layer.  The eSearch widget does the query correctly, displays the results in the widget correctly, then sends a "layer" object to the attribute table.  The debugger shows the definition query on the layer object to be intact.  The network traffic then shows the attribute table logic kicking off 2 queries.  The first is a "return county only" query, has the correct where clause, and has a response with the correct count of features.  The second query has a where clause of "1=1", so returns the max number of features allowed by the map service and lists those in the attribute table.  So in my case, when my search should return 15 features, the Attribute table contains 1500 features, but at the bottom says "15 features 0 selected".

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sebastian,

It seems there is some work I have to do to the eSearch for WAB 1.2 When I release a 1.2 version of the eSearch it should have this fixed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sebastian,

It seems there is some work I have to do to the eSearch for WAB 1.2 When I release a 1.2 version of the eSearch it should have this fixed.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sebastian,

I did not test this when I responded to you I just assumed it was something I need to work on for 1.2. But how that I am actively in the eSearch 1.2 update process I am NOT see this...

Can you give me any more info so that Can try and duplicate this? Do you have a definition query applied to the layer before you search? Is is all your layers that act this way?

0 Kudos
SebastianRoberts
Frequent Contributor

Robert,

Thanks for following up.  I'm using your eSearch 1.1.11.  Attached is my config file for the widget. Would that help?  It uses just one public map service for the search, so you could just drop it in to an app.  It does not have a definition query.  Below is a screenshot of a result.  You see that your widget has the correct results, but the attribute table lists 1500 records (max allowed by the service), though it claims to be showing only 1 feature.

2015-08-14_083818.png

0 Kudos