Edit Widget not working on mobile phones

11-13-2014 11:07 AM
BrendanWalashek
New Contributor III

Hi, I have use WebApp Builder (WAB) to build an application to add point utilizing the EDIT Widget.  The edit widget works fine on a Windows based web browser, and I'm able to select the widget, choose the feature to add, click on the map, which then invokes the Attribute Editor popup window.

Now when I use the App on ANY mobile phone (Android, iPhone, Windows Phone), everything works fine until you drop the point, then the Attribute Popup does NOT show up - instead, just the 'identify' window shows up with all attributes 'blank' as I never had the chance to add any!  Is there something I'm missing here?  Fully functional on running the exact same WebApp in a browser on Desktop form factor, but any mobile device, no ability to add attributes on new points, nor on existing ones!  Ideas?  Anyone have it actually working??

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RELAdmin
New Contributor III

Wondering if any progress has been made on this issue? I have a wonderful utility app built for a client that does everything well except editing on mobile devices. I'm not sure why this isn't working... On phones it seems the widget simply doesn't function because you can't have the editing window open and be able to see the screen. On an iPad the attribute window never appears. It's odd because the same thing happens when using the device preview screens within the web app builder.

This is a problem for me because the ArcGIS Collector app isn't working with my maps because of my custom basemaps. I need a solution for our client to be able to edit the data in the field.

~Phil

BrendanWalashek
New Contributor III

Nothing done from ESRI yet - it existed in Beta, and got released with the Web AppBuilder 1.0 release as well.  They registered it as a bug after I went through tech support.  Still no fix.  Kind of surprising as it is quite the KEY feature that leaves the mobile editing ability dead in the water without it!

BrendanWalashek
New Contributor III

Argggg....not fixed in v1.1 either!

0 Kudos