Custom Screenshot Widget or Print Layout Export Widget

03-12-2015 10:33 AM
BrianWays1
New Contributor III

Is anyone interested in having a better print layout export widget or a built in screenshot tool widget? Such as lightshot (best screenshot tool available)?

GedRap/lightshot · GitHub

Lightshot — screenshot tool for Mac & Win

How hard do you think it would be to implement something like this into a custom widget? Anyone interested in tackling this?

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MichaelJenkins
Occasional Contributor III

I'm very interested in having a better print tool solution.  I don't think it would be possible to use a third party browser add-on like Lightshot though.  I doubt  that JavaScript in a page can control an add-on -- plus you'd have to get the user to install it before you could use it.

GISP
0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Larry Stout has made a print widget that might do what you are talking about.

It can be found here:Print Plus Widget Version 1.1.2 April 11, 2015

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would actually be interested in exactly this. I have been told to create a "screenshot" widget. It has to be a screenshot of the whole screen, and / or of the browser viewport. Actually the second, the browser viewport, is more preferable.   I have been told this is what the client wants because of issues with resolution and printing and they want a guarantee what they see on the screen is what will be saved. It is also nice to show what tools are open etc.

jQuery patterns are out there. Just a matter of slipping it into the WAB. And in samplewidgets folder is a jQuery demo widget.  So, if it doesn't exist already or you don't create it, this is my next widget I will be creating...

this looks like the most popular one - http://html2canvas.hertzen.com/

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm working on a Screenshot widget in WebApp Builder using html2canvas.

I have a working demo of a page that creates a screenshot and opens the standard Save As... browser dialogue here - kevinsagis/ScreenshotDemo · GitHub  this is everything all in one HTML file. Just open it localhost or a IDE like Visual Studio. (note this is a repost of a js Fiddle because it does not work on js Fiddle for some reason, all credit for all authors in comments and Read Me)

I also have the work in progress widget where I am porting this code into WAB, here. kevinsagis/Screenshot-Widget · GitHub .

edit:  I have it almost working.  For some reason html2canvas does not like you to direct its output to a new window via window.open.   So use document.body.appendChild(canvas);    I will post a WebApp Builder demo up in just a bit.

ZimkithaNyombolo
New Contributor

Helllo,

How are you doing? you print screen post was helpful. however im also struggling to get it working. 

Did you manage to get it working?

Regards,

Joshua Shivambu

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

No. I surmised it is basically the design of the browser to not let Javascript do this in terms of security.  At least not as completely as Flash. The reason Flash Builder was able to have a complete screenshot is that it was a plugin that could break through the built-in browser security model.  But if you are interested here is my old example, which I have not advanced further on.  https://community.esri.com/message/658280-screenshot-widget

0 Kudos