App Deployment/Proxy

Jump to solution
03-04-2016 09:41 AM
RudoDuncan
New Contributor II

I am trying to deploy my app on our dev server and I get the splash screen then it asks me to log in before I can actually using the application.

I followed the steps to get the rest service list when I was testing the proxy.config file. Then, when I changed the LAN Settings to use the proxy server (to deploy on  phqdevvm08 dev server) it would not work. I'm not sure if I changed something in the proxy.config or the apps config.json because it's not reading my username and password when I put it in the proxy.config.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

For this, you would need to list out every service in config.json, but its okay to use the "/arcgis/rest/services" in proxy.config file if your authentication is valid for all services in REST.

0 Kudos
RudoDuncan
New Contributor II

Alright, am I using the username and password for arcgis server manager or am I using my arcgis online account for the proxy.config file

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Ok, let's forget ArcGIS Server for now.

For clientID and clientSecret, you will use the values that are provided when you create a new application.

Here's the workflow to do that:

1. Go into ArcGIS Online.

2. Click on My Content -> Add Item -> An Application.

3. Choose "web mapping" and then under the URL, type the URL of the application where you are hosting it on IIS dev server. Then proceed to enter a title for it, a tag and then click Ok.

4. When the item is successfully added, now in item details, there should be a BLUE link in description: REGISTER.

5. Click on it to reveal a clientID and clientSecret. Copy these values into proxy.config file.

You are not encouraged to enter the username and password of ArcGIS Online in the proxy.config file. That is not considered best practice.

Do these steps and see if your browser still prompts for this credential again. If it does, there is an issue with the proxy.

Cheers,

Aravind

0 Kudos
RudoDuncan
New Contributor II

Does my proxy.config look right?

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Is the HTTP web application included in the Redirect URI?

0 Kudos
RudoDuncan
New Contributor II

Yes phqdev08:6024/ppdapp is URI that keeps asking me to sign in. That's the one I am focused on.

0 Kudos