Select to view content in your preferred language

2D widgets to 3D widgets

Jump to solution
12-03-2018 02:57 AM
AyokunleAdebisi
Emerging Contributor

Hello, i converted the Analysis widget in 2D (client\stemapp\widgets\Analysis) by changing by editing the manifest.json to

"3D": true “platform”: “HTML3D”
and moved the folder to \stemapp3d\widgets\Analysis. I added it to map 3D webapp, but it is not working
 but just loading, i dont know what could be the problem, what could i have done wrong, likewise the chart widgets. I really need all of this widgets in my 3D app.
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adebisi,

You have a lot to learn yet. 3D widgets use the 4.x JS API which does not have an Analsyis module.

Functionality matrix | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.9 

esri/dijit/analysis/* Coming soon

So you can Not convert the analysis widget to a 3D widget.

View solution in original post

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adebisi,

A widget may be able to be converted if the 4.x API has the modules that are used in the 2D version available.

Don't forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the "Mark Correct" link on the reply that answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AyokunleAdebisi
Emerging Contributor

I have actually done a lot and searched a lot as to making this analysis widget work in my 3D app...still cant figure it out..Why is it so difficult to build a 3D widgets from the documentation i read, it said almost the same steps except for few differences, which i followed but to no avail. Can someone help, i don't know what am doing wrong?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adebisi,

You have a lot to learn yet. 3D widgets use the 4.x JS API which does not have an Analsyis module.

Functionality matrix | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.9 

esri/dijit/analysis/* Coming soon

So you can Not convert the analysis widget to a 3D widget.

AyokunleAdebisi
Emerging Contributor

oh....Thanks...I have so much to learn and am on it...invariably there are no 2D widgets for instance charts widgets that can be convert to 3D widgets.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adebisi,

A widget may be able to be converted if the 4.x API has the modules that are used in the 2D version available.

Don't forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the "Mark Correct" link on the reply that answered your question.