07-14-2014 03:57 PM
Labels (1)

Enhanced Search Widget Version 2.23.1 - 11/22/22

Live Preview Site

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | Help - Enhanced Search widget

List of the latest enhancements and changes:

1. Fixed issue with Spatial Relationship settings

Older enhancements or changes

Check the "Older enhancements or changes.txt" in the download for a complete list.

Older Versions

Last 2.21 version

Last 2.17 version

Last 2.13 version

Last 2.12 version

Last 2.11 version

Last 2.9 version

Last 2.7 version

Last 2.6 version

Last 2.5 version

Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments

@leo_pareja  That is not an option in this widget.

Hi there,

Great widget! I do not the see the capability in the dropdown for multiselect (like with checkboxes). Is this possible?

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your support and contributions! This widget is great and works really well on my hand! I wanted to know if it was possible to sample from two different elevation layers instead of one and have that represented in the graph? Is it just a matter of changing the geoprocessing service or would that also require to edit the app as well?

@RobertScheitlin__GISP  Great job with this widget.
I successfully follow https://gis.calhouncounty.org/WAB/V2.23/widgets/eSearch/widgets/eSearch/help/eSearch_Help.htm to set up my search layers. But now I'd like to add multiple search layers from the main config.json so that when I deploy it to another portal or user, these layers are available, just like you did add the pre-configured layers(Louisville Zoning, Counties..)
I have editted the config.json file and added all my search layer configuration, but the changes donot show up when I add the editted widget. Could you please help? Thanks

Robert - I've used this awesome widget in prior years for different clients (thanks a ton) but for some reason this time I'm not seeing map popups when I click on the result records nor am I seeing attributes in the table.  The table with the correct name appears but without any records.  I tried switching to a service that's actually within the map ensuring attribute table was enabled for it, but that didn't do it either.  Also tried different browsers.  Searched through prior posts to see if anyone has had this issue but couldn't find any similar posts/questions. 

Hello Robert,

i ask you if it is possible change rendering type of selected features wuen listed il a grid.

I wont to chage standard electric blue of esri with a filled theme .

Thanks

It looks like the Add Item feature of the Portal Contents tab no longer exists in Portal 11.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to install an webapp extension in 11?

Any help appreciated.

Hi @DarrellConnelly ,

The Add Item button is now called New item but it should still be there:

newitem.PNG

Hi @Nicole_Ueberschär 

That button does not seem to allow for addition of a webapp widget extension.  Do you see something different?

Thanks,

DarrellESRI_Issue.jpg

Hi @DarrellConnelly ,

Sorry, now I got what you are missing. I only always added custom widgets to the developer edition and then published that app including the widgets.

Did you try just uploading it without selecting a category first?

Hi @Nicole_Ueberschär ,

I have tried uploading without selecting a category and the application did not recognize the manifest.

It would be tough to have to deploy webapp developer to install a pre-built extension.

Can I just install webapp developer and push the prebuilt extension to the portal?

Thanks,

Darrell

Hi Robert,

I ran into a problem with your Enhanced Search Widget 2.23.1 with Web AppBuilder 2.27.

The Widget Configuration Panel does not close after I press the OK button.

How to reproduce the problem

Launch Web AppBuilder 2.27

Create a New Project

DavidDas__GISP_0-1680893438121.png

Select the Default (2D) Template

DavidDas__GISP_6-1680893527956.png

Open the Widget Tab

DavidDas__GISP_2-1680893438133.png

Add a Widget

DavidDas__GISP_3-1680893438160.png

Add the Enhanced Search Widget 2.23.1

DavidDas__GISP_4-1680893438165.png

Press the OK button.

DavidDas__GISP_5-1680893438167.png

The Configuration Window does not close.

Best regards,

David

Hello,

I am in a challenging position of taking over a GIS position from a more experienced GIS manager of a city as my first GIS job. I have been tasked with fixing a Map created with Web AppBuilder using the enhanced search widget. I have been reading up on it and have figured out how to fix the issues within the search by value. However, I can't seem to figure out how to fix the search by shape issues. I continually receive the search failed pop up box. I am looking for some guidance on how to fix this or where to start. I have been looking through the comments and will continue looking for tips.

Any advice helps, thanks!

Megan

Hi Megan,

Robert Scheitlin has decided to take a break from the ESRI Community Forums.

I will try my best to help you.

The good news is that Robert’s Enhanced Search Widget version 2.23.1 works flawlessly with Web AppBuilder Developer Edition 2.27.

You can try out all the features in our Historical Aerial Photography App:

https://gis.maricopa.gov/GIO/HistoricalAerial

DavidDas__GISP_0-1690752458828.png

I have enabled all 4 Tabs in the Enhanced Search Widget.

• By Shape
  • By Value
  • By Spatial
  • Results

Open the By Value Tab and set your Search Layer = Zip Code

DavidDas__GISP_1-1690752458841.png

Select Zip Code = 85006 from the drop-down list.

DavidDas__GISP_2-1690752458851.png

Press Search

DavidDas__GISP_3-1690752458855.png

The map will zoom to Zip Code 85006.

It will be highlighted in orange.

There could be many reasons why you are getting the “Search failed” error message.

Robert made some changes to his latest version of his Enhanced Search Widget. This means configuration files that were created for earlier versions would no longer work. They would throw the “Search failed” error message.

The solution is to delete the old configuration file and start building a new one from scratch.

It could be other reasons like you are missing the proxy settings in your config.json file.

It could also be that you have not configured your own Geometry Service.

I am including all the steps in this PDF file for you to try:

http://davidapps.net/megan.pdf

You can download this ZIP file which includes Robert's eSearch Widget version 2.23.1 and a copy of a fully configured config.json file.

http://davidapps.net/megan.zip

Best regards,

David Das

Hi @DavidDas__GISP 

Thank you for reaching out. Ultimately things had become outdated since the original creator published it and there has not been a lot of updates. After many revisits I decided to start over restructuring the widget and I got it working. Yay!

Hi Megan,

That is wonderful news!!

I am so glad to hear you have Robert's Enhanced Search Widget running again. This widget has been the  centerpiece of all our Web AppBuilder apps over the past 9 years. We would have loved to see this widget ported to the Experience Builder platform.

Best,

David

Good morning @DavidDas__GISP . Thank you for sharing you historical aerial link, it works flawlesly, for whatever reason robert's sample link never worked for me, looking at your site I notice you have the google street view working - Is that widget available for the community? Daniel.

PS. I hope @RobertScheitlin__GISP is doing OK.

Hi Daniel,

Sorry for the late response. I must have missed the notification.

Yes, we do have the Google Street View Widget in our WAB version of the Historical Aerials Web App.

https://gis.maricopa.gov/GIO/HistoricalAerial/

DavidDas__GISP_0-1692501744004.png

Robert Scheitlin made this custom widget.

This is version 2.1.

It needs a “googleapikey” from Google to make this work.

Robert took this down several years ago.

We created an Experience Builder version of the Historical Aerials using EXB Dev Edition 1.12

https://gis.maricopa.gov/GIO/HistoricalAerial/EXB

DavidDas__GISP_1-1692501744019.png

This one works a lot better!

It does not need a goggleapikey.

All this widget does is capture the centroid of your map and open a separate Google Maps Window where you can run Google Street View and view your surroundings in 2D/3D.

This custom widget was created by Frederic Poliart from ESRI Australia.

I have posted all the details in this thread:

https://community.esri.com/t5/experience-builder-custom-widgets/enhanced-exb-coordinate-widget/m-p/1...

You can download a ZIP file with both these Custom Widgets:

http://davidapps.net/GoogleStreetView.zip

• StreetView à Custom Widget by Robert for WAB
  • Get-map-coordinates-class à Custom Widget by Frederic Poliart for EXB

Robert is doing fine. He is taking a much needed break.

Robert has supported us all with his collection of Custom Widgets since the FlexViewer was released with many updates, enhancements and bug fixes. He ported them all to the Web AppBuilder and several to the new Experience Builder platform.

I cannot think of how we could have made all our WAB Apps without Robert’s Enhanced Search Widget, Identify Widget, Enhanced Locate Widget, Enhanced Bookmark Widget, Enhanced Basemap Gallery Widget, Popup Panel Widget, to name a few.

This was a monumental task which earned him the MVP Award year after year.

I cannot thank him enough for his programming skills and generous help using all his spare time and weekends.

We hope Robert will join our Community again sometime in the future.

David,

Thank you very much for your helpful and informative response, I could not agree more about Robert, I would not be able to create the websites we have with all the help you guys do. Thank you! 

P.S.I woudl give the new widgets a try.

Daniel

Robert,

this is very useful widget, do plan to do the similar widget in Experience Builder for developer version?

Thanks

Zhujing

@ZhujingXia  , Have u found any alternative for Enhanced search widget in Experience builder ??
If you find any alternative solution for this widget kindly provide us.

Thanks 

VIPLAW
GIS functional Group

Version history
Last update:
‎11-22-2022 07:31 AM
Updated by: