Select to view content in your preferred language

If you’re using the Attribute Assistant, we need your help!

02-23-2016 07:37 AM
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

We’re doing some research into how the Attribute Assistant is being used. We’d like to see what rules you are using and how you configured your dynamic value table. 

This information will help us plan for the future. We want to know what are the most common rules.  We also want to see your gnarly and complicated rules to see how far the Attribute Assistant is being pushed.

So please share your dynamic value table along with any comments you have in this thread. We appreciate your help on this effort!

Thanks,

Mike

ArcGIS Solutions

PS: If you don’t know what the Attribute Assistant is (or aren’t sure if you are using it already) no worries.  You can learn more about Attribute Assistant on the ArcGIS Solution site here

Tags (1)
239 Replies
MikeMillerGIS

Simple answer is no.  The Expression method is the only method that supports scripting syntax.  We are using the MSScriptControl internally to process the data.  This control does support Python, but we have never exposed it.  If there was a large enough demand, we could evaluate adding another rule to support python, but because of backward compatibility, we would not change expression.

Hope this helps.

Mike

0 Kudos
StevenSinger1
New Contributor

Michael -

I am working on a project for a city and we are creating multiple apps for city and public works departments.  We use AA quite extensively, but I'm having issues with UPDATE_LINKED_RECORD.  I have a feature class, TrafficSignsFeatureClass, and a related table, TrafficSigns_MaintenanceRecord, participating in the method.  I'm trying to update the related table when either of two status fields are changed in the feature class.  I'm getting an error that says "ID OR FIELD TO COPY WAS NOT FOUND" in the log file, but the fields exist.  I'll also get a message that says "Target value did not change, skipping" occassionally when I know the value has changed.

Am I missing something simple?  I've had odd issues with these particular fields before, ie domains won't be enforced in ArcMap but are enforced in AGO, so I'm wondering if there is something wrong with those individual fields.  This is the first method in AA that has given me fits thus far, so for the most part the tool has run correctly.  The methods page from ESRI is very helpful.  I have attached the log file for a trial run of 3 records, so hopefully you can shed some light on my issue.  Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Is PKSIGN_ID in TrafficSignsFeatureClass or TrafficSigns_MaintenanceRecord

same question for PUKSIGNID.

If you provide a schema of your data and your dynamic value table, I am happy to run through it and see what is going on. 

0 Kudos
StevenSinger1
New Contributor

PUKSIGNID is the primary key in TrafficSignsFeatureClass and PKSIGN_ID is the primary key in the Maintenance Record table.

The feature class, table, and dynamic value table are all located within the same enterprise geodatabase.  The table is participating in a 1:1 relationship class with the feature class based on the primary keys identified above.  Below is a snapshot of the dynamic value table showing the 2 rules I'm having issues with.  I appreciate all your help.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

You have them backwards, swap them.  Also have you turned on the log file?  If can help you trouble shoot these issues.

0 Kudos
StevenSinger1
New Contributor

Thanks Michael.  I thought I had tried that prior to the post, but I guess I still had something incorrect in the parameters.  We're trying to use this method to update field edits to the related table.  We've gone this route because editing related tables isn't available in AGO.  We were hoping that the field edits through collector/AGO would populate the feature class and then trigger the UPDATE_LINKED_RECORD method based on this set up.  So far, it appears that the edits are coming through collector/AGO to the feature class, but those edits aren't being transferred via the AA rule we have set up.  I have tried the rule just in the ArcMap environment and the rule appears to be working great.  Do you know if this workflow is possible with AA?  Simply, we're trying to go:

Field Edits (Collector/AGO) -> Feature Class -> UPDATE_LINKED_RECORD -> Related Table. 

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Not without manual intervention as the AA only runs inside an ArcMap Edit session.

0 Kudos
MartinMesch
New Contributor

Hello Michael

We are using AAS in our environment, but we have some questions about the functionality.

We use the expression functionality but are facing some problems:

Example:

Space FCL with some attributes (Buildingcode = Short, Floor = Short, Spacenumber = Text).

The Buildingcode is a numeric value with a alphanumerial description.

We want to concatinate these values to one other value that can be used as Label (abelvalue = Text).

The values for the Buildingcode we translate to textvalues.

We use the following expression:

[GEBOUWCODE]

+
"-"

+

IIF([VERDIEPING] = 0,"00", IIF([VERDIEPING] =
  10,"01", IIF([VERDIEPING] = 20,"02",IIF([VERDIEPING] =
  30,"03", IIF([VERDIEPING] = 40,"04", IIF([VERDIEPING] =
  45,"4T", IIF([VERDIEPING] = 50,"05", IIF([VERDIEPING] =
  51,"5A", IIF([VERDIEPING] = 52,"5B", IIF([VERDIEPING] =
  55,"5T", IIF([VERDIEPING] = 60,"06", IIF([VERDIEPING] =
  70,"07", IIF([VERDIEPING] = 80,"08", IIF([VERDIEPING] =
  90,"09", IIF([VERDIEPING] = 5,"0T", IIF([VERDIEPING] =
  -5, "K1T", IIF([VERDIEPING] = -10, "K1",  IIF([VERDIEPING] = -15, "K2T",
  IIF([VERDIEPING] = -20, "K2","Onbekend"))))))))))))))))))
+

"-"

+

[RUIMTENUMMER]

But that does not work (without any notice to the user.....).

Is the problem the mix between numbers and texts?

Martin Mesch

Schiphol

The Netherlands

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

I believe you want to use & not + for string concatenation in vbscript.

0 Kudos
IvelisseTorres-Alejo
New Contributor

I have been using the AA in ArcGIS 10.2.2. Now I am trying to use it in ArcMap 10.4.1 and I am getting this error. Can someone help?

No GUI components found in this Add-In.
Add-In version does not match.

My ArcMap 10.4.1 Version: 10.4.1.5686

My AA Version 7.15.2016

Thanks! Ivelisse Torres, Miami-Dade

0 Kudos